TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - So >>>
People Seeking Info

Subject So >>>

Posted by ConVerTT on November 30, 2012 at 11:43 AM
  This message has been viewed 162 times.

In Reply To Convertible windshield posted by JRFITZ on November 30, 2012 at 09:46 AM

Message I have heard about this issue over the years and here is my take:

1) The convertible windshield has the antenna in the center. The coupe does not.

2) Both windshields are approximately 30 1/4" inches measured along the axis of the antenna (moulding to moulding). Both windshields are approximately 29 inches tall measured along the pillars (again moulding to mounding). Both windshields are approximately 43.5 inches wide measured at a tangent to the curve at the top of the windshield. The punchline: I cannot discern any physical difference in the dimensions of the two windshields when the cars are side by side.

When the system says that the windshield from the coupe is not appropriate for the convertible, I believe it is because of the antenna issue, not because of a physical difference in their dimensions. (So obviously I don't buy the "extra sealant" argument either. I actually have the mouldings off of the slicktop right now. There is quite a gap between the windshield and the pillar even with the slicktop so I believe that may be the genesis of the "extra sealant" rumour)

Hope this helps ....

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.